As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Experience LevelSkilled Worker
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Full-time or Part-timeFull-Time
Position SummaryThis is a union position for I.B.E.W Local 1600.
- Contacts customers having overdue accounts by delivering customer notices.
- Records on pertinent forms, meter and customer data required for customer and other accounting records.
- Observes and reports hazardous wiring conditions, diversions or metering irregularities, building renovations and other factors affecting conditions of use or rate classification for correction by customer or company.
- Operates light truck, passenger or four-wheel drive vehicle in the performance of duties, complying fully with applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous duties, such as: reading meters in accordance with Company’s procedures, and inspects meters.
- Delivers literature/informational material to customers, complying fully with applicable provisions of US Postal Laws and Regulations.
- Observes Servicemen in the performance of their duties.
- Uses a computer for job training and daily job completion.
- Performs such other related duties as assigned or as necessary.
Candidate QualificationsCandidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the EEI CAST Test or its replacement
- Ability to understand and apply applicable information contained in, but not limited to, the following:
- Meter Department instructions
- Electronic Facilities Database Maps and Primary Operating Maps
- Safety Rule Book
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Ability to
- Understand and implement instructions
- Make minor decisions
- Perform moderately strenuous labor over sustained periods outdoors
- Understand simple arithmetic and have the ability to read and write
- Contact customers and general public in courteous and tactful manner
- Neat in dress and appearance
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment (supplied flame resistance clothing when required)
- Ability to recognize hazardous conditions and make use of assigned safety equipment to prevent accidents.
Additional RequirementsBusiness Line Specific Qualifications Summary Required
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications Summary Required
Equal Employment OpportunityOur company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.