Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world’s biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
POSITION – Union: Service Worker 2/C – Rumford, ME (18564)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: CMP-ME-BRUMFORD SERVICE BUILDING
- Performs general service work in connection with the installation and maintenance of all types of electric services and metering equipment. This includes working on services at the building end energized up to 600 volts.
- Erects and climbs ladders alone on a daily basis.
- Sets, removes, reconnects, disconnects and maintains self-contained meters, single phase and three phase.
- Performs meter installation inspections, meter re-programming, meter equipment floats, meter equipment re-attachments, meter verifications and the installation of volt recorders.
- Accurately reads all types of electric meters on walking or driving meter routes, makes an accurate record of use, reprograms meters on the Data Cap recording device for billing and other purposes as assigned.
- Assists with handling of stock inventory.
- Operates Company two-way radios as required.
- Prepares and maintains records relating to the assignment.
- Assists in scheduling appointments with customers, electrical contractors and electrical inspectors and coordinates work with other departments.
- Discusses meter installations and related equipment with customers, engineers and contractors, as required.
- Performs credit and collection according to procedures on single and three phase self-contained and transformer rated meters.
- Works assigned overtime and responds to emergency assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Must maintain a good record for safe driving.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have attained the level of a Service Journey Worker I or Line Worker 3/C.
- Must be available to work assigned overtime and be able to respond to emergency assignments.
- Must have or be able to acquire a working knowledge of the distribution plant in regard to sources of feed and location of switches as related to the assignment.
- Must know and be able to demonstrate the correct use, care and placement of ladders.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Company’s operating standards, policies and directives pertaining to the assignment. These include the Electric Service Rate Schedules, the Company’s Standard Requirements (Electric Service and Meter Installations), CSS procedures and other related rules and regulations pertaining to the assignment.
- Must have a working knowledge of the National Electrical Code and local ordinances where applicable with respect to the installation of electric meters and service entrances and related equipment and to locate and inspect service installations for conformity to these regulations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use tools, equipment, and instruments of the trade.
- Must know the safety instructions pertaining to the job tasks of the classification.
- Must reside within an acceptable distance (45 minutes) from their regular reporting location or be willing to relocate within nine months of transfer and be available for emergency assignments.
- Must be capable of performing all of the essential functions and duties of the classification.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Maine